The Creating Healthy Communities Summit featured some of our nation's thought leaders drawing the connection between the built environment and the health and vitality of community residents. The one and a half day summit provided collaboration around shared cross-sector goals that demonstrate the connection between healthy people and healthy places. Discussion centered around the influence of policy, community design and planning, healthcare access and services, and the availability of healthy foods on population health.
Richard Jackson, MD, MPH
Host/Narrator of the PBS series,
"Designing Healthy Communities"
Total Health Partnerships
Resources and Presentations:
- Designing Healthy Communities: Richard Jackson, MD, MPH (pdf)»
- Health in all Policies (pdf)»
- The Evolution of School Lunch (pdf)»
- Barriers to Designing Healthy Communities: Perception vs. Reality (pdf)»
- Joint Use Agreements: Leveraging Facilities & Resources (pdf)»
- Let's Move Boise (pdf)»
- Schools at the Heart of the Community: Star Track Project (pdf)»
- Student Mentoring: Boise Firehouse Project (pdf)»